Sunday run

Strong winds meant that this mornings run was a there and back affair within the comparative shelter of the Derwent Walk.  I managed 11 miles at a reasonable pace, only starting to struggle over the last mile or so.  So although I am still a long way off where I would want to be, I can see some progress.

Today's run took my weekly mileage up to 30 miles and I will be looking to consolidate this over the next couple of weeks.

I don't know if it was just the wind but there were a mass of runners on the 'walk' this morning.  Although the upcoming Blaydon Race on 9th June is usually another factor at this time of year in seeing more people out running. 

I am still aiming on making the start line for Blaydon, but the best I can probably hope for will be a good run around rather than racing.

Comments

Christina said…
Eleven miles ... that's definitely a progress!
I think you will have a good time running Blaydon.