Getting back into the swing

Getting back from holiday mid-week, getting back into work and other family commitments left limited time for running or for watching the IAAF World Championships from Daegu.

I did, however, manage to get 30 miles in over last week.  Which included a 10 mile run with a fast stretch in the middle around the Rowlands Gill loop (3.15 miles).  I covered the loop in 19.37, which when compared with the 19.16 I did at the begining of August, means I have have not lost too much over the holiday period and it is now just a question of getting back into the swing of things.

I have seen very little of the World Championships on the TV and in fact only saw yesterday's 5000m final thanks to Channal 4 + 1 highlights programme.  But it was well worth waiting for, with just about the whole field in contention at the bell and Mo Farah out-kicking Bernard Lagat and Imane Merga over the last 200, it was gripping stuff!!

Comments