Bunny Race series - Race 3

Strong windy conditions greeted another small field (13) for the final race around Newcastle Town Moor. From the off John Bell (celebrating his 50th birthday), Kevin Lister and myself broke away.  However, part way around the first small loop, Jon and Kevin opened up a gap of about 10 yards on me, which I managed to close as we completed the loop and headed off across the top of the moor towards the hills. 

As we neared the turn, towards the hills, Jon broke clear and then as we started to climb, Kevin opened a gap on me. It is becoming evident that I will need to incorporate some extra hill work into this winters training.

Coming off the hills, I was able to raise my pace closing and passing Kevin at almost the exact spot as the previous race.  Pushing on, I was able to close the gap slightly on Jon but was unable to catch him.  The results:

1st Jon Bell 18.39
2nd Me 18.56
3rd Kevin Lister 19.14

So another slight improvement from me, knocking 14 seconds off from the previous race - have got to be pleased with that!

Comments