Tempo Run

After a heavy day at work I was feeling rather tired and jaded but it was a fine sunny evening and I had what turned into a very enjoyable session as seven of us set out on an 8 mile run with the middle section from the Viaduct on the Derwent walk, around the Gill loop (with its steep hill) and back to the viaduct (3.15 miles) at tempo (19.25 for me).

I intend to do this timed tempo run periodically throughout the summer in order to gauge progress. Some of the others in group did the following times:

Luke 19.10
Eric 19.30
Alex 19.35
Paddy 20. 20
Liam 20.22

I will of course be keeping an eye on their progression and how I improve against them also. so with 13 miles in for the first two days of the week I am 2 miles up on this time last week and looking forward to the rest of the week and a bigger weekly total mileage than last week.

Comments