Monday, 21 June 2010

A nice night for twitchers?

I was planning an easy 6 miles tonight, but fancied a change of scenery so although it was a steady run, I did it up on the moors starting at Smiddy Shaw Reservoir, so it wasn't exactly an easy run. For route see www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3824921

It was though, a very enjoyable run, on a warm sunny evening. It's a pity I didn't take the camera as the views were fantastic and the number of different birds I spotted would be a Twitchers delight. There were a number I did not recognise but of the ones I did there were Lapwings, Moor Hens, Curlew, Grouse and Pheasant.

Congratulations to Catherine for completing the 5km Race for Life at Temple Newsom Park, Leeds on Sunday, in 27.00

2 comments:

Sunflower Kisses said...

Gotto love a beautiful scenery with interesting sightings. Over where I am, I get to see blue birds and red cardinals, squirrels, and sometimes snakes. :)

Alan Dent said...

The area I was running in last night is inhabited by Adders, but I must admit I've never seen one.