A nice night for twitchers?

I was planning an easy 6 miles tonight, but fancied a change of scenery so although it was a steady run, I did it up on the moors starting at Smiddy Shaw Reservoir, so it wasn't exactly an easy run. For route see www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3824921

It was though, a very enjoyable run, on a warm sunny evening. It's a pity I didn't take the camera as the views were fantastic and the number of different birds I spotted would be a Twitchers delight. There were a number I did not recognise but of the ones I did there were Lapwings, Moor Hens, Curlew, Grouse and Pheasant.

Congratulations to Catherine for completing the 5km Race for Life at Temple Newsom Park, Leeds on Sunday, in 27.00

Comments

Christina said…
Gotto love a beautiful scenery with interesting sightings. Over where I am, I get to see blue birds and red cardinals, squirrels, and sometimes snakes. :)
Alan Dent said…
The area I was running in last night is inhabited by Adders, but I must admit I've never seen one.