Blaydon v Barcelona

It was decision time - do I do a quick run from home and get back in time to watch the European 10,000 on TV or do I go down to the track for the planned session?

We now know that Mo Farah won in Barcelona with Chris Thompson in second for a GB 1-2, and a great start to the championships for Team GB.

While Farah was taking the lead with 5 laps to go, and dropping the Spaniard Ayad Lamdassem with 300m left, and Chris Thompson moving through to grab second in the final straight. I was facing a stiff breeze on the Blaydon track.

The session was 10 x 200 with 200m jog recovery with the aim to get steadily faster as the session progressed.

And the result was a set of 200's in:

36, 37, 36, 36, 35, 35, 34, 35, 34, 33

I must admit I am quite pleased with the way the session went, especially since for some inexplicable reason we did the session into the wind.

Comments