Yorkshire Wolds Half Marathon






photos courtesy of Francesca

Saturday saw a warm blustery day for the Yorkshire Wolds Half Marathon. The original field of 274 was bolstered by a large entry on the day and as the starters horn sounded we were off to a brisk start as Matt Moorhead (Salford Harriers) Phil Taylor (Bridlington Harriers) and Tom Danby (Pocklington Runners) set the pace.


I settled into a steady rhythm with a view to hopefully being able to move up through the field when we hit the first hill between 3 and 6 miles, and this was the case, as I climbed from 21st to 16th. The problem was they all came back past me as we dropped back down.


I managed to keep things steady until the last hill between 11 and 12 miles from where I struggled onto the finish (but not as badly as in recent weeks) dropping a further two places, and once again, frustratingly being passed by another M50 relegating me to second over 50 and 24th overall in a time of 88.51.

Have not seen the full results yet but the finishing positions and time I know are:

1st Matt Moorhouse - Salford Harriers
2nd Phil Taylor - Bridlington Harriers
3rd Tom Dandy - Pocklington Runners

1st M50 - Sean Mc Dermott - Knavesmire Harriers 88.34













Comments

Unknown said…
Great run report, this is a good reference for runners.

zbsports