Monday, 20 September 2010

Fashion faux pas

Following the publication of the picture of Nell Mc Andrew and myself (see yesterdays post) I have received a number of comments regarding the 'ancient' top I am wearing. Comments such as "Tell me you were wearing it in honour of 30 years of the Great North Run" - thanks Simon, or "You must not have picked up any prizes lately" - thanks John.

Yes, this is a bite from me - This is not my normal sartorial elegance - I was only wearing an old top to keep warm and I dumped it before the start of the race.

Below are more images from Saturdays Great North City Challenge:

For more photos of the Great North Run checkout AMcDs Running Commentary and for further comments on the GNR see Terry Lonergans Running on empty and Francesca's Journalism blogs.




























































































2 comments:

Natalia said...

Well it sounds as though it was a good race! Nice pic with Nell McAndrew. I have a workout dvd of hers that is still pretty good. In one of the papers she said that she ran 10 miles a day - and that was 5 years ago! As for the Iffley Road track....I lived opposite it a few years ago, and naturally went for a run around it a few times. Although no longer a cinder track, it still felt pretty special!

Alan Dent said...

I ran a track race inOxford a couple of years ago - unfortunately it was not at Iffley Road though.