Preston 10km

The pre-race information stated that this was not a pb course. A fact I will support for two reasons, firstly the course itself which is undulating and twisty in parts, and secondly, from a personal point of view, the state of my fitness. Having said that it did feel good to be racing, especially after having raced on Wednesday evening also.

The race was won by Gary Pennington of Preston Harriers in a time of 32.33, with Danny Parkinson of Kendal AC, second in 32.40.

After errors in the initial results, there was a pleasant surprise when it turned out that my 39th position in a time of 39.10 was good enough for second M50 place. First M50 was David Baker of Preston Harriers in 36.40. So I am still, however, a long way of the pace.

First lady home was Gemma Adams of Preston Harriers, who pushed me all the way and finished 40th in 39.11.

The 10km race was preceded by a fun run and followed by a 5km race and an elite mile race, which along with the nice sunny weather made for a great day out.

Hopefully I will have some pictures of the day to follow.

Comments

Natalia said…
That is a terrific time for a 10K! Nice one, and am looking forward to the pics.
Jenny said…
Sunny weather in Preston??? Everytime I've ever been there the car's had a free car wash and I've come home soaked!!

Sounds like you had a great day and finished in an excellent time. I can see I've got a long way to go before I come anywhere near to finishing in that sort of time! Well done.