North East Harrier League - Race 2

As I had a couple of days holiday from work at the end of last week I took the opportunity to get a couple of days away and to take things easy. I also bought a new pair of spikes for the rest of the cross country season.

Saturday's cross country race at Farringdon turned into another hard slog. The course was less muddy than in previous years but very tight which made passing difficult. After starting too far back (I should know better after all these years!) I found myself well down in the pack and forced to come to a standstill on the second bend.

I then threaded my way through the field as best as I could over the next two laps only to find myself dropping back over the last lap and final small loop, to complete the course of approx. 5.9km in 41.19 and finishing in 131st place.

After comparing Saturdays results with last weeks race at Cramlington, there is a slight sign of improvement as I finished ahead of a number of people who beat me last week. But its still a case of back to the drawing board.

Race wise I have nothing planned now for a couple of weeks when it will be a return to the roads with a 10Km at the Leeds Abbey Dash.

Sunday was a heavy legged fourteen miles along the Derwent Walk.

Comments