5 x 400

Last night I gave up on running in the snow and headed for the gym. The session was a modest one at 5 miles, with 5 x 400m in 89 sec with 400m (3 min) jog recovery. Not a session to set the world alight but it is the first speedwork of any kind that I have done for 5 weeks and more importantly, there has been no reaction from my hamstring. So hopefully it is going to be a case of onwards and upwards. I also finished the visit to the gym off with a weights session.

Another fall of snow last night, although only a light one in comparison to what we have been receiving and continuing freezing temperatures mean that I will probably be heading to the gym for most of the rest of the week.

Comments

Terry Lonergan said…
Sounds a wiser, safer option, Alan. Less chance of setback for your recovering hamstring
than slipping about in the snow. Better for the lungs as well.
If it's any consolation I think I'll only manage a few treadmill miles each day this week unless there's a big thaw.
Take care! Terry
Natalia said…
Sounds like it is going to be snowy for a while yet. Good luck with the treadmill - I rather like it, and you can mix it up a bit to make it more interesting......