Update

Recent circumstances have meant that I have not had much time to post anything over the last week.  however, hopefully this will change.

I am still struggling to pick up the miles, with only 38 miles in for last week.  The reasons remain the same, with a continuance of the knee problems I have been having.

One of my favourite races, The Yorkshire Wolds Half Marathon, is in 3 weeks time.  Described as a challenging course, I have ran this race every year since 1990.  Although there is no way I am going to be fit enough to race it, I still intend to turn out and just run the course, treating it as a hard run.

I have just finished reading Born to Run by Christopher McDougall.  This is a book that is written in part as an adventure tail and in part as an editorial, but which I found to be a good read.  The book combines the history of the Tarahumara (an Indian tribe, living in the Copper Canyons of Mexico) known for their amazing feats of endurance and running abilities; the American Ultra Running scene; the authors own experiences; and theories of how man was born to run; while at the same time taking a swipe at the running shoe industry.

Comments