Marrakech Express


Menara Gardens
  Following my last post nearly three weeks ago I completed my biggest mileage week of the year, so far, with 54 miles.  However, the knee pain I have been fighting all year started to flare up again.

As it happens the end of the week coincided with the start of our family holiday during which I had planned to reduce the mileage anyway.

So for the last two weeks I have totalled 30 miles altogether ( a little less than I hoped. but...) around the roads and gardens of Marrakech.



Koutoubia Tower
 I would like to say that my running was best described by the title of this post but a more accurate description would probably be the Marrakech 'Puffin Billy', especially as on one morning when a taxi driver pulled over and asked if I needed a ride! - I must have been looking good!


All the runs were carried out first thing in the morning before it became too hot, but even then temperatures were already well into the 30's.  A bit different from the high of 16C when I left Newcastle.


All of the runs were based around Mohammed VI Avenue, the Minera Gardens and Oliveraie Bab Jdid.

 Unfortunately on three occasions I had to change my planned route due to packs of stray dogs, when I decided caution was the order of the day, rather than run through them.

But at least the lighter training has been successful in reducing the pain in my knees and now I'm back home can start building back up again.


Mohammed VI Avenue
 
The Mohammed VI Ave is a flat and mainly straight road which is 5km long and would make an ideal flat fast point to point 5km road race or out and back 10km.

Comments