Preston 10km

Although pretty damp, conditions where good for running in this years Preston 10km.  Although my knees were a little tender and my legs still a little heavy from the recent races I was looking forward to today's race.
Again I opted to run without a watch and just run as I felt. 

Over the first 2km I felt good and kept a steady pace but seemed to struggle a little after dropping down the steep hill into the park but was able to maintain form and although I was passed by one or two runners I was at the same time passing others.  However, just after 7km I was feeling last Sunday's and Wednesday's races in the legs and as last year found it a struggle returning up the hill out of the park. But things are improving (even if it is very slowly) as I crossed the line in 38.43 (27 seconds quicker than last year and my fastest 10km since April 2010) to finish in 28th place.

The race was won by Gary Pennington of Preston Harriers in 33.32.  First over 50 went to David Barker (not sure of which club) in 37.12 and 10th place overall.  First lady again went to Gemma Adams of Preston Harriers,

I would like to thank Francesca for being photographer for the day - she obviously knew I would be struggling up the hill.



Comments