A change to plans

The original plan on Saturday was to run a 11km leg of a team bi-athlon at Kielder.  However, this fell through and so I headed to Cramlington for the first of the North East Harrier League Cross Country races.

It was a mild afternoon and the course offered firm conditions, so much so, that the spikes stayed in the back of the car and I wore a pair of off road flats.

My aim was to set off at a 'good' pace and try to maintain it throughout the race.  Although there are no real hills on this course, I did still struggle on the inclines.  However, covering the 6.08 (Garmin measured) miles in 39.04, I am reasonably happy with my run.  Especially as I was feeling generally 'heavy' and have a bit of a cold hanging around.

Team wise, having been promoted to Division 2 last season our aim is to at least maintain our Division 2 status this season and our 8th place out of 11 teams is a steady start.

A special mention to Caroline Acaster of Blaydon and Sunday morning training partner for winning the ladies race, leading from gun to tape.

Comments