Return to the Moor - not a good one

It was probably a combination of not having recovered enough from Thursday's and Friday's sessions and going off to quick but today's 10km effort was a bit of a disaster.  After 2km there was just nothing in the tank and as I sank down through the field it was an effort just to keep going.

Today was the Heaton Harriers Memorial 10km on Newcastle Town Moor ( I seem to have spent most of the last 6 months racing there).  Prior to the race I had had hopes of showing a continuation of improving form, but during the warm up I felt sluggish and as for the race itself well the wheels just came off.  I have not seen the official results yet but I clocked myself at 41.10.

I will just put it down to one of those days and look to put things right for the next time

Comments