Sticking to the plan

Following Sunday's 'race' I decided to have a few easy days in order to get myself sorted and that's exactly what I have done with very gentle 4 milers on Monday and Wednesday and a steady 7 miles on Tuesday.  Although I still don't feel on top form and still have cold symptoms hanging around I did feel fit enough to do some harder running last night.

So last night was an 8 miler around Newburn and Scotswood bridges with a session of 4 x 5 mins with 75secs recovery.  I found it tough going but enjoyable.  To ensure I did not get carried away I aimed to make this an 85% effort and kept my heart rate at between 138 - 146  (83% - 88% of max) for each of the intervals.

I intend to go back to steady running for the remainder of the week.

For anyone who is racing this weekend - Hope you have a good one!

Checking the Stats page for this blog I have noticed that I have picked up a reader(s) in Guinea I have also heard on the grapevine that Mr T is working out there now - So if that's you Paul, hope things are going well!!

Comments