Northern Cross Country Championships

Pontefract Park provided the venue for this years 'Northerns' and on a bright sunny winters day the going was good to soft as 685 runners completed the 12km course as it wound its way around the horse
race- course. 

The race was won by Steve Vernon of Stockport Harriers, in 39.52.  Not that I saw much of him as I huffed and puffed my way to 329th position in 51.38.  Having said that I did enjoy my run and am reasonably happy with my performance.  I feel that I am still making slow but steady progress and the race provided a much more testing run out than a normal training run would have.

Unfortunately Blaydon did not manage to field a full team, but other Blaydon performances were:

Luke Aston 371st in 52.44
Jamie Boswell 464th in 56.00
Alan Storey 507th in 57.24

Comments