Resolution Run 2012

It may have been the first day of the year but it seemed to be a return to what has become my second home over the last few months - Newcastle Town Moor for what is billed as an approximate 10km (its short) multi terrain race.


The last time I did this race was back in 2008 when I finished 7th overall (1st M50) in 35.36 so it was going to be interesting to see how it went this year.



As I had not pre-entered for the race, on arrival I joined a large queue of  'on the day ' entries - So large that the start had to be delayed and I only had time for about three quarters of a mile warm up.


Conditions were mild but after a lot of recent rain going was heavy and very muddy in places.  Especially between the two hills.



I probably started a little too fast but soon settled into a rhythm and unlike some did not have to walk up the bigger hill.


Generally I was pleased with my run, although disappointed to be passed by three runners in the last 400m or so.  Unfortunately I have not been able to find the official results yet, but by my reckoning I finished in 20th place in 36.47.



photos by Francesca


Comments