Week one

Well the first week of the year is over and I am pleased with the 54 miles for the week.  Following on from the Christmas break, as I had been nowhere near the scales and had liberally enjoyed whatever food and drink was going, I had expected to be carrying a couple of extra pounds. So imagine my surprise last Monday when I stepped on the scales for the first time in 3 weeks to find I was exactly the same weight!

So a good starting point for the year and for my intention of increasing the mileage.  Today's run was a 20 miler.  The first 20 mile run for nearly 2 years and although I am feeling a little tired I thoroughly enjoyed it.

With regards to targets for the year, I am still working on which races but at the moment I think they will include a half marathon in March

Comments

Christina said…
It is always a pleasant surprise when the scales remain where it was at the last weigh-in, doesn't it?