Sunday run and TV

It may have been at a gentle pace but the 11 miles I managed yesterday morning with no adverse reaction from my calf means that this week I am ready to step things up a bit. Although I intend to still be conservative in increasing the workload, hopefully by the end of this week I will be in a position to set some targets with regards to racing and goals for the year.

Following my run, I must admit to sitting, glued to the TV, watching the last day of the World Indoor Athletics Championships from Istanbul.

Some fantastic performances from a GB point of view.  Particularly Andrew Osagie finishing in Bronze medal position in the 800m and the woman's 4 x 400 relay team picking up Gold.

From an excitement point of view it would also be hard to go passed the men's 3000m.  With Bernard Lagat unleashing a blistering finish to take Gold with, unfortunately Mo Farah being pushed back into 4th place.

In his post race interview Farah said he would just have to train twice as hard for the upcoming Olympics. I am sure he will and I am already looking forward, with increased anticipation,to watching his races at ' London'

Comments