Preston Guild 5km


As I was already in Preston visiting my daughter, it seemed like an ideal opportunity to run the Preston Guild 5km as well.


There was a very healthy turnout (741 finishers) for this race which was the first in a series of 4 races to celebrate the Preston Guild.




Starting at The Japanese Garden in Avenham Park, I made the classic mistake of going off too fast and knew by the 2km point that I was going to pay in the latter stages.

Winner of ladies race
Gemma Adams - Preston Harriers

And sure enough just before the 4km point I was tying up.

Race Winner
Thomas Carson - Bolton Utd H
Time 15.36
I tried to keep my form, as I started to drop back further through the field.  Eventually finishing in 19.35 ( a little down on what I had hoped - but my own fault really) in 29th place.  However, the silver lining was that I was first M50.

Paying the price for too fast a start

I am not sure whether I will be signing up to the rest of the series yet.  The other races are a 10km, a 10 mile and Marathon / Half Marathon.

Thanks to Francesca for photos

Comments