VAANEE Track Meeting Number 3

With only two days since the Blaydon Race and coinciding with Englands first game at Euro 2012 last nights track meeting at Jarrow was never going to be a big draw, and so it proved.  Having said that there were enough entries to run three 1 mile races.  one for ladies, one for over 60's and the race I ran in for 40-59 year old's.

England had already drawn 1-1 against the French as 11 of us lined up to await the starters pistol.  Still feeling heavy legged from Saturday I settled my self in 4th position for the first lap.  Going into the second lap Knight of Durham and Emmett of South shields started to pick up the pace.  I tried to go with them but could not sustain it and spent the remaining 3 laps keeping a Houghton runner at bay.  The final positions; First went to K Emmett (M40) of South Shields in 5.14.5, second K Knight (M40) Durham in 5.21.4 and me 3rd in 5.29.4

Legs are heavy now though!

Comments