Stepping it up again

Another easy week following my run out at the Yorkshire Wolds half marathon saw 36 steady miles banked for the week.

A month or so ago I decided to adjust my training from a 7 day cycle to a 10 day cycle to aid recovery and hopefully to allow for more quality sessions.  However, since then things seem to have conspired against me and my new routine has not really got of the ground.

So, despite going away on holiday fairly soon, I intend to start today once again with the new routine, with the longer term view of next year in mind.  That's not to say that I have given up entirely on this year, just that I intend to avoid planning for short term fixes for impending races.

 I am still going to race but just accept that they are a training tool and anything I get from them by way of improved results is a bonus.

Although it is not running I also have another target for the new year, which is still endurance based.

 As a result my training for the rest of the year will also have to take into account the need for some long distance walking/trekking as a group of 7 of us from Blaydon Harriers are going to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in January.

Comments