Ending on a high

On December 12th I set myself a mini target, by way of saving something from what turned out to be a poor year for my running. The target was to reach 2012 miles for 2012, and I am pleased to say that 9 miles along the Derwent Walk this morning took my mileage for the year up to 2012.

So at least I have finished the year on a high and can now look forward to 2013.  Having already chosen my targets for the year (see No pussyfooting post October 12th) the first one, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, is up in just under four weeks time.

For the record the other targets are:

BMAF Cross Country Championships - March
Yorkshire Wolds Half Marathon - (M55 course record) - July
BMAF Marathon Championships - October
Run the length of Hadrians Wall in 24 hours

In the meantime, all the best to everyone for the new year and I hope you achieve your targets

Comments