A slow start

After a final flurry of miles (110 miles over the last 9 days of 2012) in order to meet my belated target of 2012 miles for 2012, my knees have decided to send my brain some warning signals.  I suppose it was only to be expected, after all, it was a bit of a jump from the 38 miles a week I had been averaging towards the end of the year.

So the first couple of days of the year, instead of including the customary race on New Years Day, consisted of two very easy jogs followed by a session of 6x2mins with 1 min jog recovery on Thursday, a tempo session on Saturday and quite a tough 14 miles in Chopwell Woods, yesterday.  This contributed to a weekly total of 47 miles.  Still an increase on what I had been doing.

I am looking forward to this year and the targets I have set, hopefully reversing or at very least stopping the general downward trend of last year.  That said, I aim to continue to be cautious over the next couple of weeks as I will need my dodgy knees to be in reasonable condition for 'the big climb' in three weeks time.

Comments