BMAF Cross Country Championship 2013

Conditions at Herrington Park, Sunderland were not as bad as a couple of weeks ago when the English Cross Country Championships were held there.  But the ground was still very wet and heavy on Saturday for this years BMAF Cross Country Championships.

This was to be my first 'A race' for the year, but with the knee problems following the Kilimanjaro climb and the heavy cold of the last couple of weeks I always knew I was going to be in for a tough time.

I just didn't realise how tough.  I started steadily on the first of the four laps which made up the 8km course and was relatively content with my position until coming off the top of a small incline half way around the lap when I knew I was going to be struggling, and struggle I did, as I sank further down the field on each lap.  Eventually finishing in 115th place in 37.04.  A long way off the sub 34mins that I had had in mind prior to the race.

Full results can be found here

So as far as targets for the year are concerned its one achieved and one missed target - need to pick things up for the next target in July.

Comments