North Tyneside 10km 2013

Near perfect conditions for yesterdays North Tyneside 10km saw Morpeth's Ian Hudspeth stormto a win in  a new course record. With Aly Dixon taking the women's title.



Meanwhile, further back in the field yours truly had set off at a steady pace, tracking Gordon Dixon of Morpeth through the first two miles.  Passing Gordon on the climb up passed Tynemouth Priory, It was then a spot of role reversal as Gordon hung onto my heels, as we continued to steadily work our way through the field and so it remained until just before the 5 mile marker, when I started to open up a gap on him.





 A few places up ahead now, where club mates and training partners Peter and Luke and although I worked hard and started closing them down, I ran out of race, with Peter being the first Blaydon Harrier home just a few seconds ahead of Luke and me about a further 15 seconds back, finishing in 38.55.





38.55 is the fastest I have ran 10km since September 2011 (Preston 10km 38.43) and represents a PB for the distance as an M55, so I have to be pleased with that!





Photographer for the day was Francesca (more photos from the race can be found on her blog).

Also, lots more photos at Runner Wanderings

Full results of the race are not available as yet but I will post a link once I have found them.

Comments