Following 'The Wolds' half marathon I experienced a reoccurrence of my knee problems. On the positive side though, this coincided with my two weeks holiday and so the situation was not as bad as it could have been.

I am now back and although there is still a little soreness in the knees, I am rearing to go and have 12 weeks until the Town Moor marathon.



My holiday reading included Mark Whitaker's Running for their Lives.  an account of Arthur Newton's and Peter Gavuzzi's exploits in the transcontinental road races across America in 1928 and 1929. Their subsequent partnership and races in 500 mile relays, against horses, in snow shoes during the Canadian winter and 24 hour events.

I found the book enthralling and although I had heard of Arthur Newton, Peter Guvazzi was a new name to me. This book going some way to explaining why such a great runner has remained almost anonymous.

Comments