Marathon training

Normally my 'running week' follows much the same pattern with sessions on a Tuesday and Thursday,  a long run on a Sunday interspersed with recovery or steady runs with possibly an additional session on a Saturday.

However, I already know that other commitments are going to cause a great amount of disruption to this routine over the coming weeks and with the marathon looming upon the horizon it is going to take careful planning to get things right.

To this end I will be doing this Sunday's planned 20 miles tonight.  Having already upped the mileage this week in anticipation of not getting much running in over the weekend I must admit that this evenings session is going to be on heavy and tired legs.

I am also going to find it difficult to fit in any races but the Redcar Half Marathon on 29th September is looking a good possibility.

Comments