Diary of a Sloth

Admittedly its not as if I have done absolutely nothing,  I have tried to exercise around my current hamstring problems by going to the gym and carrying out a variety of stretches and exercises to help rehabilitate the injury.  But, the lack of running has left me frustrated, lethargic and Sloth like.

Slothness  is something that cannot be levelled at local runner Dave Knowles, however.  On Sunday morning, as the chill rolled off the North Sea, I joined a small group of hardy supporters at the Lord Collingwood statue on the banks of the River Tyne at Tynemouth. Where we cheered Dave off on the start of his charity run.  A run that will see him finish in Trafalgar Square, London.  Having completed 13 marathons in 13 days.

Dave is hoping to raise £13000 for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.

Details and photographs can be found here and here

Comments