Two of my favourite things

One thing about being injured, it has given me the opportunity to catch up on some reading. A couple of months ago while scouring the bookshelves of a local bookshop (yes, I still prefer mooching around a bookshop rather than shopping online). The title of Scott Jurek's book Eat and Run (two of my favourite things) jumped out at me.

Ultra-marathoner Scott Jurek's book is in part autobiography, part cookbook and part beginners guide.  Covering the course of nearly 20 years starting with his early childhood in Minnisota  and taking in his ultramarathon career, the autobiographical aspect of the book, to me, is by far the more interesting. 

Although I intend to try out some of the recipes, as a confirmed meat eater, I will not be adopting Scott Jurek's Vegan lifestyle.  However,  having said this,some of the recipes are far too simple.  For example, is it really necessary to include a recipe for making mashed potato's from scratch, ie a potato?

At just over 200 pages the book skirts over a lot of the details of the actual races but gives a good insight into Scott Jurek himself and is certainly worth a read.

Comments