Pole pole

When a group of us climbed Kilimanjaro last year our guide told us that for the purpose of acclimatization to the altitude our mantra for reaching the top should be pole pole.

Pole pole is Swahili for slowly slowly, and it looks as though it is a mantra that I am going to have to adopt again.  This time with regards to my running and getting back into some kind of form.

A couple of easy jogs have now been accomplished and although there seems to be no adverse reaction following the surgery, the rest of my body and in particular, my knees are strongly protesting against a return to exercise.

Although it is not going to happen as quickly as I had hoped I am sure that a slow, steady build up will get me back on track.  The Blaydon Race on 9th June still being the target.

So Pole Pole it is then!

Comments

The Engineer said…
Pole pole sounds good.
Time will soon pass.
Already looking forward to your Blaydon Race report.