In the words of Victor Meldrew............

"I Don't believe it!"

I know I am not currently in the best of form but I had based what running I am doing around a race  this week - The Bridges of the Tyne 5.

The only problem being that I  realised late on this evening that the race was not tomorrow night but today.

Yes, I had missed it!

To be honest it is not the first time I have got the race date wrong, such as the time I drove down to Preston for a half marathon only to find out that I was a week early or the time I drove to Richmond to find That the race was the next day.  But at least on those occasions I returned to take part in the race. This is the first time I have actually missed a race.

To rub salt into the wounds I thought, since I had missed out, I would enter the Great North 10km on Sunday, only to find out that entries had closed at lunchtime.

It's just not my day!

Comments

The Engineer said…
You are not alone. I once turned up for the Middlesbrough 10k and after warming up realised there wasn't many runners about and in fact the marshalls weren't setting barriers up but putting them away. I was half hour too late but at least I was first home.Home as in home and not the finish.
That's running life for you.