How far would you go?

Well according to the Proclaimers they would walk 500 miles then 500 more.

I know they were singing about a girl but isn't running a bit like a love affair?

I was in York over the weekend and as I settled into one of the local hostelries  and sipped at a pint of beer  The beer mat on which I rested my glass informed me that in his 84 years Alfred Wainwright trekked over 100,000 miles, sketching, mapping and writing about everything he saw.

This week will see me reach 86,000 miles since I started keeping a training diary in 1981.  An average annual mileage of 2606 miles.  Of course anyone reading my posts over the last year or so will realise that I am not hitting that sort of mileage at the moment.

However, with seven and half years in which to achieve it I am now setting a long term goal of reaching 100,000 miles before my 65th birthday.

Comments