A small step

It feels as though I have spent the last couple of years posting on this blog how I get slower every time I run.  This morning I decided to turn out at the Blackhill Parkrun to find out just what sort of form I am in.

I last did this Parkrun back in July on a warm and sunny morning.  Although the temperature was, as you would expect some what cooler it was still a mild morning with the temperature hovering around 4C.

As expected I struggled on the uphill sections and my left hamstring was rather tight.  However, I managed to keep a steady pace and finished in 11th place in 21.58.  Not a brilliant time but 7 seconds quicker than in July and the quickest ever time by a M55 - M59 on the course.

So it's a small step in the right direction and a positive start to the new year.

Comments