Over the last weekend I was clearing out some old stuff and found this set of results from the Club Cross Country Championships of 1997 tucked inside the cover of a book.
Looking through the list of names the main thing that struck me is, unfortunately, that most of them don't seem to be running any longer.
Apart from myself, those that are:
- Phil Walker is now running for Morpeth Harriers.
- Liam Frail is still running but currently suffering from a long term injury.
- Dave Mitchinson has just turned 60 years of age and is plotting a comeback.
- Brian Liddle was Blaydon's third counter in our recent Over 55's Bronze medal Team at the NEMAA Cross Country Championships.
- Reg Parker is currently helping out with coaching the youngsters at the club and having ran every Great North Run to date, is getting himself into shape for this year's Run.
- Tony Livingstone, no longer runs but is the 'throws' coach at Blaydon.