Then and now

THEN...........

The copy of the race results in my last post got me to thinking.  1997 was a good year for me, the club championships on 1st April were just over 6 weeks before my 40th birthday.  Already that year I had finished 13th in the Morpeth to Newcastle on New Years Day, Finished 7th in the Redcar Half Marathon in 69.56 on a very windy day (the last time I went sub 70 mins) and 3rd counter for the North East team in the Inter Counties 20 mile race held in conjunction with the Spen 20 (14th overall in a time of 1.54.17 - it was won in 1.59.30, this year).

Looking back through my diary There were plenty of other good runs. However, my main targets for that year were to run the first leg at the Masters National Road Relays at Sutton Park on the day of my 40th birthday and come back first, which I did.  And to win the Master's 10,000m championships.  Unfortunately I could only manage second in 32.12.9.

NOW............

Well I am still just running easy and clocking just over 30 miles per week, trying to maintain a base level of fitness.

Next week, however, I am due to go into hospital for the Cardioversion on Tuesday.  So hopefully I can soon start to slowly build things up fingers crossed!

Comments