Friday, 15 May 2015

Zapped

Well my Cardioversion went ahead on Tuesday and I am glad to say that it was a success and I once again have a regular heartbeat.  Basically the procedure consists of a metal plate being placed upon your chest and another on your back, while an electric current is passed through you stopping and restarting the heart.  If the procedure is a success then your heart beat returns to a regular rhythm.  When thinking about it I keep thinking of a scene from an early black and white Frankenstein film, where The body is lying on the table waiting for the lightning strike to bring the body to life.

I have only done a couple of very easy 5 mile runs since Tuesday and although I am not bounding about like some spring lamb I do feel a lot more comfortable when running than I did prior to the procedure.  Whether this is all in the mind, actually the case or a combination of both I am not sure.  But whatever the case I feel a lot happier and I can now start planning and working towards some races.

                                                    ................................................

Back in May 2011 I published a post about art in running. This week I came across a video celebrating the 61st anniversary of the sub4 minute mile. Entitled IffleyRoad icons which consists of 270 hand drawer frames, featuring icons of British running.


Video from Iffley Road

No comments: