Old favourite

Well it's that time of year again - mid July and time for the Bishop Wilton Show held in East Yorkshire.

More importantly, as far as I'm concerned - held in conjunction with the show is the Yorkshire Wolds Half Marathon.  This year will see the 31st running of the event and, if my calculations are correct my 25th attempt.

Start of Yorkshire Wolds Half Marathon
 2012
When my race number and the race programme arrived on my doormat yesterday it was nice to see that I was still listed as the M40 course record holder at just over 73 minutes.  That was 18 year ago and the second time I had won the race outright.

The last three years have seen poor performances by yours truly due to on-going health problems and unfortunately it looks like a similar story this year.  As a recent visit to the hospital has confirmed that the Cardioversion I underwent in May has not been successful.

Having said that I still feel better than prior to the procedure and at least hope to beat last years time.

Comments