Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Yorkshire Wolds Half Marathon 2015

As stated in the previous post, my aim for this race was just to get around, hopefully in a time faster than last year.  So as we gathered for the start on the road outside the Bishop Wilton Show Field.  I wormed my way well down in the field.  Opting for a easy start and hopefully being able to work my way through the field.

 
There had been 158 pre -entries for the race but a flurry of entries on the day took this to over 200 and most of them seemed to be ahead of me as I settled into a steady rhythm.


Although my aim was just to get around in a quicker time than last year, I must admit I did have an eye on a time of around 98 minutes.  Not a fast time by any means but certainly a time that would be a vast improvement on my recent form.

The first mile is a quick mile but I was still surprised to find that I passed the mile marker a minute and a half quicker than I expected from my loose plan.  But still the hills were to come and I had no doubt that I would loose time there.

One of the advantages of starting way back in the field was that, at least the first part of the race, I was passing people all along the way and that included on the hilly sections.  In fact on the long uphill to the finish I was still able to hold my position.


The race was won by, probably the pre-race favourite (at least in my eyes) Phil Taylor of Bridlington.

At the moment I am unable to find a copy of the official results but I think  I managed to finish in about the mid 40's in a time of 99.34.  Just over 6 minutes quicker than last year.  So I have to be satisfied with that.

At least until next year.........................................



Thanks as usual goes to Francesca for the photos.  More pictures of the show can be found www.francescadent.wordpress.com


2 comments:

Fellrunner1975 said...

Well done, a booster!

Alan Dent said...

Thanks - Yes slowly but surely starting to move in the right direction