Cross Country but not as we know it

Well it's that time of year again, with the cross country season kicking off this weekend at Tanfield and the first fixture in the North East Harrier League.  Unfortunately though I will not be running it due to on -going problems with my right calf.  Although, I have started running again.

The calf problem also prevented me from doing the GNR and is also the reason why there have been no blog posts since the beginning of the month.

Although the conditions should be fairly good for the race at Tanfield it won't be long before we are faced with the muddy courses we are all familiar with. Unlike the one at the Masters World Championships which I ran in Puerto Rico back in 2003. The course was alongside an idyllic tropical beech and the race was ran at 6.00am to avoid the heat of the day, on a flat, lapped course with the only obstacle a small tree trunk which you had to 'jump' or should I say step over.

For the record I finished in 8th position in the M45 race with a time of 29.09 for the 8km course.

Comments

Fellrunner1975 said…
Sherman cup maybe?
Alan Dent said…
Unfortunately can't make Sherman Cup but intend to be at Akley Heads in November