More pain, please

It's a while since I posted an update as to how my running is going.......

Well I am happy to report that it is going well.  Since having to miss the Great North Run in September I have been able to steadily put some miles in.  Not massive mileage but between 40 and 50 miles a week.

Initially this was just steady running but over the last 2 or 3 weeks I have been able to start introducing some interval training. 

Friedrich Nietzsche
I must admit that I am not finding it easy to adapt back to this routine, but I am enjoying it.  This is the first decent block of training I have achieved in the last 4 years.  So that has to be good!

The aim, as always, is trying to get the balance right and increase the workload without going too far.  Tonight's interval session will be the second of the week - Can't remember the last time I did two speed sessions in one week.  And although the legs feel heavy, I am ready to go!

So, bring on the pain.  After all as Friedrich Nietzsche (and more recently Kelly Clarkson) said:

                                      What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Comments