A race at last!

My first race since July.

It may not have been the build up I would have wished for, with the hamstring niggles.

It may not have set the world alight.

But it felt great to at long last get a race under the belt.

Yesterday saw Wallsend Burn host the North East Masters cross country championships on a 3 lap course with two steep hills on each lap covering around 7.5 km.  I started off easily, with the aim to just get around.  The hills were steep and slippery but I managed to keep a fairly steady pace throughout and picked up about 10 places as the race progressed.  Finishing in 75th place in 39.39.  As I said earlier hardly a result to set the world alight but it feels great to be racing again.

Next race up in two weeks time and the Signals Relays



Comments

Fellrunner1975 said…
Nice one! Didn't see you otherwise I'd have said hello!
Alan Dent said…
Thanks - not a great run but just good to be racing again