Sunday, 7 February 2016

A race at last!

My first race since July.

It may not have been the build up I would have wished for, with the hamstring niggles.

It may not have set the world alight.

But it felt great to at long last get a race under the belt.

Yesterday saw Wallsend Burn host the North East Masters cross country championships on a 3 lap course with two steep hills on each lap covering around 7.5 km.  I started off easily, with the aim to just get around.  The hills were steep and slippery but I managed to keep a fairly steady pace throughout and picked up about 10 places as the race progressed.  Finishing in 75th place in 39.39.  As I said earlier hardly a result to set the world alight but it feels great to be racing again.

Next race up in two weeks time and the Signals Relays



2 comments:

Fellrunner1975 said...

Nice one! Didn't see you otherwise I'd have said hello!

Alan Dent said...

Thanks - not a great run but just good to be racing again