Getting ready for the start...............

.................... and we're up and running

It's a while since I have been through this but I naturally fall into the old familiar routine of preparation.  This routine it's self acting as a cue to trigger dormant emotional memories.

There is a shiver of excitement, at once enjoyable and a little scary.  The tension increases and the heart rate rises, as I concentrate on the task in hand and remind myself  of my belief in my ability to succeed.  After all it's hardly the first time I have successfully competed.

As start time approaches I maintain emotional control and focus on what's about to happen.

Then We're off..........................................

49 minutes later and my online entry for the Blaydon Race is accepted.  Sometimes the competition just to enter a race is just as fierce as the actual race and with 1192 people ahead of me in the queue at seven o clock as the entries open, the 49 minutes is also longer than it will take to run the race.

Comments