Royal Signals NECAA Road Relay Championships

Saturday saw me making my second outing of the year.  This time it was the 'Signals' relays.  I ran  for the Over 50's team and this consisted of 4 x 2.2 mile legs (2 laps of Hetton Lyons park).  There were 21 over 50's teams and the race was ran in conjunction with the women's race, giving a total of 88 teams all together.

I was on 4th leg, so Paddy got us off to a steady start with 14.09 for the first leg.  Bringing us back in 25th place overall. Eric ran 2nd leg moving us up two places with his leg timed at 14.50.  Up next was Liam with 14.44 and a further two places gained.

I knew that this sort of distance was going to be a shock to the system and so it proved as I managed 14.56 for the last leg.  Moving us up to 20th position overall and 9th Over 50 team.

Blaydon also fielded a Senior team who finished 18th in their race.

It has been a number of years since Blaydon have turned any teams out for the 'Signals' so it was good to be fielding two teams and from a personal view point, its another small step towards getting back.

Full results can be found here along with some video footage of the Senior Race.

Comments