Another relay leg

I have not been posting anything latterly as yet again it's been a case of battling against an injury, this time a groin injury.  However, I still managed to get a couple of sessions in prior to this years Good Friday Elswick Road Relays.

It has been a number of years since I have turned out at this event but managed to make the over 40's team this year.  I had originally been pencilled in for the 4th and final leg but our lead leg runner not being anywhere to be found come the start of the race resulted in a quick re-shuffle with Liam going off first followed by me on 2nd leg, Carl remained on 3rd leg andEric who was the planned lead off running last.

Liam returned fro his first leg with 13.35. For the 2.22miles, in 27th place (in the over 40 race ran I conjunction with the senior race).  As I set off , I found it very difficult to relax and although I passed one runner almost immediately I was passed by two others fairly quickly. As I tried to settle into reasonable pace I managed two get back a few more places coming home in 14.14 and 23rd place. Carl ran his leg in 16.53 and Eric brung us home in 14.07 for 31st place.

Blaydon also had a senior team running which finished 20th with

David Heslop 11.47; Alex Muir 12.21; Lee Hutton 12.53 and Daniel Flint 12.05

Comments