Just can't seem to get off this merry-go-round

It continues to be the same old story, get over injury - start training - after a couple of weeks introduce speed work - things go ok for a couple of weeks - pick up a new injury - repeat -

It's obvious that I need to do something different, no matter how drastic it may turn out to be, in order to try to get off this not so merry-go-round..

The situation following the Blaydon Race in early June is as described above. A couple of steady weeks, followed by a couple of weeks with a speed session, followed by injury.  This has meant for the last 3 weeks I have been unable to train, other than for the odd 2 mile jog.

Unfortunately for me, it is the Yorkshire Wolds Half Marathon this weekend.  An event that, if not my favourite race, is certainly up there as this will be the 26th time I have ran it.

To be honest, probably any other race and I would not be considering running.  But I am not quite ready to break my sequence of turning out just yet.  Anyone who has read this blog for a while will know that my last 4 attempts of running this race were all affected by health problems. So I had been hopeful of putting in a better performance this year.  It seems that this won't be the case as I am in no way capable of racing this.

But I may just treat it as an 'easy run' and just jog around to keep my sequence of participating going at least.

Well I've got until 10.00am Saturday morning to make my mind up.

Comments