Sub 2 hour marathon in spring 2017

My running may have picked up over the last few weeks but this is not some crazy target I have set myself.  However, Nike are hoping that either Eliud Kipchoge, Lelisa Desisa or Zerseny Tagese will be able to break through the two hour barrier as early as next spring.

Runners World are reporting that Nike have announced their plans entitled 'Breaking2' in which the aim is to reduce the world record time for the marathon by 2.5% and run 2.59.59 (4.34 per mile pace) or faster.

The three athletes mentioned above being selected by Nike following two years of preparation and research.

2017, then could be a very interesting year if the project were to succeed!

Back to the mundane, however, and my running,  I have managed to stay injury and illness free for a little while now and things are starting to look up. 

Also in the last couple of weeks the 90.000 mile milestone was breached in my effort to run 100.000 miles before my 65th birthday.  So slowly but surely I'm getting there.

Comments