Endure 24 - Leeds

This weekend saw the return of Team Grunt & Groan (my sister Catherine and myself) to Bramham Park, Leeds for this years version of the Endure 24.

Conditions for the start on Saturday were very hot and I must admit to initially struggling in the heat.  On the second of my 5 mile loops I was sweating up badly and a glance at my watch showed that despite just doing a shade under 10 minute mile pace, that my heart rate was up to 203bpm. 

The plan was for me to start off and then do alternate 5 mile laps.  Catherine was a little quick on her first lap but soon settled into a good groove.

After 3 laps each we then changed to swapping over after every 2 laps.  The strategy worked well and we kept this going through the night, until I rounded off with 3 laps.

Our total distance being 105 miles for 6th position in the mixed pairs race. 45 miles for Catherine and 60 for me.  Our total time being 23.44.09.

All in all it was a great weekend at a very well organised event.

 I would also like to thank our support team of Beth, Anita, Francesca and Ross. Plus a big thank you to  Dave who took the afternoon off work on the Friday to help set up our campsite.

Comments